Brick by Brick Forums Forum Index Brick by Brick Forums
For the BXB Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Worst Songs We Can Think Of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brick by Brick Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: The Worst Songs We Can Think Of Reply with quote

About a week ago Steven and I were talking about music and inevitably started talking about really crappy songs. He brought up the son "Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes, which if you've never herd be thankful. Well, all that got me thinking. Why don't we make a list of songs that suck? You may be thinking that this is just a matter of opinion. You're right, it is, so what? I only have a few rules about this. One: You must list the song title and the band or artist that recorded the song. Two: List why you think the song sucks, and please write more than just it sucks. Three: Feel free to comment on the songs that other submit. Tell us weather you agree or disagree. Outside of all that just have fun with it. I'll get us started.

Last edited by Beau on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Walking in Your Footsteps
Band: The Police
I know I'll get some bad feedback on this one, but I don't care. Let's face it. Even great bands can make a few bad songs. This is the perfect example of that. What the heck was Sting thinking as he sang the lyrics to this song?!

Hey Mr. Dinosaur
You really couldn't ask fo more.
You were Gods favorite creature,
But you didn't have a future.

W T F?! Maybe this song was some kind of metaphor for some kind of social conflict in the world. Sting keeps up with that sort of thing, or maybe it was a song about fricken dinosaurs and extinction. I really have no idea. What I do know is if they had played this song at the Grammys no one would have thought "Man, I'm really glad they got back together".
Steven

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Beau, granted I don't like that song, but its not worse than:

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. That song just blows.

On for mine submission:

Song: The Banana Boat Song (Day-O)
Artist: Harry Belafonte

So the background story is I've seriously had this song stuck in my head for like 3 weeks, since I heard it in my music class. The song talks about guys who work out on a banana plantation at night, who drink rum, and try to make their quota of 'naners for the evening....all while looking out for tarantulas! First off, pick the bananas in the frickin daylight so you can see the tarantulas! Gosh! Plus the song is just annoying.

Honorable Mention:

Song: Anything Bob Dylan sings on
Artist: Bob Dylan

I know Isaac is going to slam my head in a car door next time he sees me, but seriously, could Bob Dylan learn how to sing? His voice is the most annoying sound in the world. I like his songwriting skillz, but gosh man, learn how to SING!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
isaac

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you sre right, about two things actually. First i am going to slam your head into a car door for saying that-- although I secretly agree, but that is just between us, and any song about bananas is a waste of tome and air-- Gwen Steffani anyone? My submission for worst song ever is a tie--- Number One: ( I swear I heard this on the radio the other day) The theme to the Golden Girls Thank you for being a friend. TV theme songs should be reserved for tv, when you can ignore it long anough to get the the show, this goes for the Friends Theme and Believe it or not from the greatest American Hero. B: most songs on the White album by the Beatles (Rocky Racoon, anybody? Beuler, Beuler...)
Steven

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I totally agree with you Isaac on the White Album. There is maybe a handful of good (listenable) songs on there. On for a new submission:

Any Christian artist who remakes a secular song but changes some of the lyrics to Christian lyrics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
isaac

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may I present Lean on me as an example of a song Christian artists co-opted because they had very little inspiration (what with the CCM taboo of writing about what life is actually like).

Also, BIG HOUSE by Audio Adrenaline, it sucks large farm animals
Beau

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started this topic I thought that it may stick to just bad songs. I guess that was a little narrow minded of me though. There are many bands out there who never recorded any good songs, and in that case it would be very time consuming to try and name all of their songs when you could just name the band. I just ask that if you name a band as a whole that you also give a short explanation of why the band is really bad. Here's one that I thought of.

Band: Creed

There's a million reasons to hate Creed, but I'll try not to name them all. I guess the most annoying thing about Creed are the people who listen to Creed. They always want to try and tell you that "Those guys were really talanted", or "They weren't ripping off Pearl Jam", or "You just don't like them because they were a christian band". First, Creed was NOT a christian band. Second, they WERE ripping of Pearl Jam. Even Eddie Vedder made that remark. And third, they were NOT talanted. To prove this I'll try to recreate the conversation that Scott Stapp (the singer), and Mark Tremonti (the guitarist) had when they formed Creed.

Scott: Hey Mark, how could we make this band a success?
Mark: I could use the exact same distortion effect on every song we ever record.
Scott: That's perfect, and I'll write lots of pseudo-christian lyrics and pretend to be Jesus Christ in all of our videos.
Mark: Then, when we start to hate each other, me and the other two guys in our band that nobody knows the name of will make another band called Alter Bridge that will be exactly like Creed but without you.
Scott: Yea, and I"ll just descend deeper into alcoholism and get beat up by the guys in 311.
Mark: We are gonna be so rich.
Scott: Yes we are.

OK, that doesn't prove that they weren't talented. I just proves that they were really self absorbed and that I hate them. Either way you get the point.
Beau

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artist: Christopher Cross
Song: Ride Like the Wind

By naming this song in particular I'm not trying to insinuate that other Christopher Cross songs were good, I just think that this one deserves to be singled out due to the extremely large amount of suck that it omits. This song falls in with alot of other 80's songs that were just way to dramatic for anyone to take seriously. The other thing that bugs me about this song is the fact that it's one of those songs where the artist sings about things they have never experienced. This entire song is about him being an outlaw on the run dodging bullets and trying to make it to the Mexican border. Remember this is Christopher Cross we're talking about. He's like Billy Crystal with a beard and an even deader career. However, Chris must have realized that he has absolutely zero street cred in the whole "Outlaw" feild. So to gain said credibility he had to bring in a real tuff customer to sing back up. Michael McDonald, or as I like to call him, the fat Kenny Rogers. Yes nothing says stone cold killer on the run quite like a Christopher Cross Michael McDonald duet. And, so often people wonder why Chris is only remembered for two songs.

Last edited by Beau on Sun May 27, 2007 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
isaac

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple Choice Question...

Christopher Cross is to suck like ...
a. Ham is to cheese
b. Air is to breathing
c. Tomatoes are to evil
d. Michael Mc Donald is to butchering good motwon songs for the further domination of the man over the brothers
Steven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled upon VH1 this afternoon on one of those countdown shows they do. Anyways they were totally ripping on Michael McDonald. He was playing keyboards and backing vocals for a Kenny Loggins music video.
JRock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Hangin Tough
Band: New Kids On the Block

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh-O....Hangin Tough

Yea you couldnt possibly lose with lyrics like that. Not to mention that whole entire chorus runs through the entire song AND you can barely hear the lyrics behind that background CRAP. Oh yea, and lets not forget to look all leather clad with chains with our boyish good looks to look tough. That for sure will make Alice Cooper, Ozzie, and the whole crew from Guns and Roses flee like Catholic altar boys on Church "lockout" night.

Oh yea, and they brought backstreet and all those glorious pop culture icons that came along with it to the forefront and unverifiably was the defining moment where the Habeebs and Abdul's of the world decided to blow us off the map....thanks New Kids, what would we hve ever done without you.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance.
(rap:) just get on the floor and do the new kids dance.
Dont worry bout nothing cause it wont take long.
(rap:) were gonna put you in a trance with a funky song, cause you gotta be
Hangin tough, hangin tough, hangin tough.
(rap:) were rough.

who were these guys kidding?
I actually heard this song on the radio the other day and vomitted a little bit in my mouth.

In other news....hey I like Day-O
who could lose with
Come, Mr. Tally Mon, tally me banana
and
It's six foot, seven foot, eight foot, BUNCH

oh and any artist who has the word "million" in their name, I mean come on, if youre gonna go all out, why stop there...

Oh and boy George, kudos for bringing the gay man out of oppression and going mainstream....but did you really have to be that gay, Elton John- same thing goes for you buddy.

Geez...Marky Mark was better than these guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brick by Brick Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: