Brick by Brick Forums Forum Index Brick by Brick Forums
For the BXB Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Albatross18: The BXB Guild (Update Aug.18: Bonus Pang!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brick by Brick Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
Site Admin

Location: Plotting World Domination... this world isn't all that big...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Albatross18: The BXB Guild (Update Aug.18: Bonus Pang!) Reply with quote

First of all, for those of you who don't know about it yet, here's a link: http://www.albatross18.com/
(Also, if you're interested in playing, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite: I get bonus in-game money for every person I bring in but I'm not gonna spam people who don't want to play Wink )
It's an optional-free online golf game with a few RPG elements and a variety of courses and characters to use. The entire BXB crew has signed up and plays at least occasionally, and a few of our readers have joined in too. (Optional-free = Doesn't cost anything to play, but there are a few premium items, club sets, and caddies that you can't get with the money you earn playing in-game. I think most of us just take the free option)

So, I got an idea: Why not make a BXB Guild? They don't have an official guild system yet, but unofficial guilds are already popping up, and they'll probably eventually have something in place. A guild would give us some extra publicity, and if we get enough members, perhaps we could have a few guild-members-only tournaments. Plus, it gives you guys something else that's fun to do in-between comic updates, and it will hopefully bring the BXB community together just a little bit more.

I'll make a post on the Albatross18 forum in the next day or two making the guild announcement. If you're interested in playing and joining, let me know. Guild members usually signify their status with a guild tag added to their name; we'll probably have something like [BXB] for ours, that looks rather brick-like, hehe. Don't worry about putting that in your username when you sign up for an account though, as you can choose a nickname later on for adding the guild tag (username = what you log in with, nickname = what other people see in-game).

Of course, if you guys have any suggestions or comments or ideas, I'd be happy to hear them!

UPDATE: See my most recent post in this thread concerning bonus pang matches this weekend!

Last edited by Chris on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be [BxB] that looks classier.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
weirdkirby

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome, guys.
Justin Knott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: golf Reply with quote

yeah i want in on that
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, forget the tag idea. Apparently it costs 15 cookies to change your chat nickname. I guess this is to keep people from doing it constantly, heh, but I wouldn't expect any of you to pay that much (I think it works out to about $1.50 in real money). We can still be an "unofficial" unofficial guild, heh.
Justin Knott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so can anybody pay it for me, cause i have no way of doing it.........i will pay them back if i see them
Steven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unofficial it is then. I refuse to pay for online gaming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
weirdkirby

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are an unofficial guild. And all the people were happy... yay
Steven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, did you ever make the announcement for us in the Guild Forum?
Steven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does anyone want to play tonight? Its double-pang weekend. I'll be back around 9pm tonight if anyone wants to play.
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've held off on making an official announcement because I want to see how the most recent development turns out. As some of you may know, hackers have sort of taken over the game recently, launching repeated DoS attacks. The result has been that it's rather difficult for anyone to get in and play, which I'm sure only complicates recent problems I've had getting the game to stay connected during a match.

However, SUPPOSEDLY they are releasing "Season Two" of the game tomorrow, with an improved interface along with a lot of new content. I'm hoping that along with that they'll have figured out by then what the heck they're doing wrong that's making it so easy for hackers to fill up the servers with dummy clients. And who knows, maybe this new release won't kick me out of every other Vs. Match I try to play in. The sad thing is that the Japanese version of the game is available to anyone who doesn't mind sifting through a page or three of Japanese (and there are translations for those interested), offers much more content (they've been on Season Two for a while now), and actually works BETTER despite the fact that the US server is what, 50 miles from my house... and the Japanese server is on the OTHER SIDE OF THE PACIFIC? Heh.

Anywho, it comes down to how things pan out after tomorrow. If they come out with a robust new version of the game that works well and offers some new and exciting things to try, and makes me interested in the game again, heck, I might buy some new clubs, and if everyone here is still interested in playing maybe I can work out some gift cards for people so they can change their names for free. (Note: There's also the possibility of actual REAL guild setups coming soon, as they already have them on the Japanese server, so I may look into that as well.)

If, on the other hand, this new interface is nothing more than a pretty graphic wrapping around the same game full of hackers and disconnections, I think I'll find something else to do with my free time. If that's the case, I'll be open for suggestions for any other online games
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....

On one hand, the new course is actually fun because of how ridiculously hard it is (I got REALLY lucky and got a -9 last night, made #36 on the Top 100! Probably won't last forever though, and I'm thinking it'll be a while before I'm able to improve on that, hehe). The shiny new look of everything is nice, and it looks like they're gonna add some bonuses too, like the new Calendar that tracks how many days you've played (and you win stuff for playing more often, apparently).

OTOH, I actually got disconnected from a -tournament- towards the end there, something that rarely happened in Season 1. It sounds like a lot of people are having disconnect problems, and now apparently disconnects count towards your quit %. At least the hacker woes seem to be over though.

Final Verdict? If everybody here is still interested in playing, I'll look into getting things set up as more of an official guild. If everyone's pretty much moved on to something else though, I'll probably hold off on making any financial investments, heh.
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, initially the disconnecting was a problem, but it seems to have pretty much resolved itself now, so, I'm getting new clubs and a Water Phoenix for some BxB games over the weekend. Bascially, anyone I'm in a Vs. Match with gets 5 Bonus Pang every single time I hit Pangya, which will translate to I'm guessing about 100 bonus Pang every 18 holes. Plus, if we can get some 3 or 4 player matches going, there'll be even more bonus pang at the end of the round. If you haven't yet signed up for A18 yet but are interested, now's the time to join in (I'll probably get another Phoenix that gives bonus pang to others at the end of the month too), you can get some Pang together a little bit faster to speed up getting cool items and stuff in the game. (Pang = In-Game Currency)

If you want to sign up, send me an Instant Message (AIM nick is MrKoopa) or message via forum, or just post here, and I'll send you an invite. Also drop me a line if you're already signed up and want to play (My in-game username is "MrGraves", so if you want to find out if I'm around enter in "/find MrGraves" in the chat bar without the quotes and it'll tell you what room I'm in).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brick by Brick Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: